How to Apply - Students
Heliophysics Summer School 2015
28 July - 4 August, 2015 - Boulder, CO
Seasons In Space: Cycles of variability of Sun-Planet systems
Deadline is CLOSED
Participation in a previous Heliophysics Summer School does not prohibit an applicant from being selected for 2015.
Successful candidates are:
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student in any phase of training, or first or second year postdoctoral fellow.
- Majoring in physics with an emphasis on astrophysics, geophysics, plasma physics, and space physics, or experienced in at least one of these areas.
- Pursuing a career in heliophysics or astrophysics.
Application materials required:
Tips for Referees
- A cover letter briefly stating motivation for application.
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications, technical reports and professional presentations.
- Name/contact information of your advisor. Applicants are responsible for contacting advisor to have one letter of reference sent to UCAR/VSP by the application deadline. Tips for Referees.
- Graduate school transcripts.
- One to two page statement of interest and relevance to summer school goals.
Applications may be sent electronically to email@example.com.. (UCAR cannot accept *.zip files)
VSP also accepts applications mailed to:
UCAR Visiting Scientist Programs Heliophysics Summer Schools
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000
For further information, call (303) 497-1605 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NASA Living With a Star, Heliophysics Division sponsors this program.